Skip to content


Attending a private institution or a college or university located outside Illinois

If you are attending a private or out-of-state college, you must notify College Illinois! through one of the following methods:

  • Access the account online, go to the Benefits tab and select the Intent to Enroll option to notify College Illinois! of your school choice; or
  • Download the Intent To Enroll Form and submit the completed form through the Upload Documents option through online account access. You can request a form be mailed to you by contacting a customer service representative at 1.877.877.3724  Andt then submit the completed form to College Illinois!.

College Illinois! will send you (the student) a confirmation via email or mail of the school you selected and contact your school so a tuition bill can be submitted on your behalf. You only need to notify College Illinois! once if you continue to attend the same school. If you change schools, you need to notify College Illinois! each time you enroll at a new private or out-of-state college or university.

College Illinois prepaid tuition may not cover the full tuition and fees at private institutions or schools located outside Illinois. At these schools, the amount paid to the school will be based on the current "mean-weighted average tuition and mandatory fees at Illinois public institutions." This calculation is explained in Article II of the Disclosure Statement and Master Agreement. Each year the mean-weighted average (payout rate) changes to keep pace with tuition and fee rates at the Illinois public universities and community colleges. Rates are calculated prior to the start of the school year and reported on a credit hour basis. To determine the amount that College Illinois! will pay for your tuition this year, you can multiply the mean-weighted average amount (payout rate) for your plan type by the number of credit hours you take each term.