Using your prepaid tuition plan is easy. Here’s how to get started:
- Make sure your account information (mailing address, email, student SSN) is up-to-date and the prepaid tuition plan is paid in full.
- Confirm your school is an eligible institution.
- Verify your College Illinois! plan type to determine which type of prepaid tuition plan you have available to use.
- Notify your school’s billing office if you are attending an Illinois public university or community college. Each semester advise them of your intent to use your prepaid benefits.
- Notify the College Illinois! Program if you are attending a private institution or a college or university located outside Illinois.
Schools send College Illinois! an itemized bill for tuition and fees after each semester begins. College Illinois! payments to schools typically take 30-45 days to process after the schools submit a tuition bill.
Learn more in the Student Handbook for Using Program Benefits.